Everyday Life With Landon

Sharing our journey of everyday life with our son, Landon, brought home from Taiwan in April 2006.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Landon had an accident! Please pray for our baby.














































I am sad to post that Landon had a very bad accident while running through the house. He fell with a toy in hand and his mouth hit directly on the toy. He does not yet put his hands down when he falls. He never has and we wonder if he ever will. He always takes it in teh face and this time wasnt so pretty. He has badly injured both 2 front teeth. One went up, over and turned and the other went in pretty deeply. It was a bloody scary mess! He has been in a whole lot of pain since then. The hospital couldnt do stitches becaseu the split was so far apart it had zero suture capability. Too wide apart in other words. though very deep it didnt come through the other side. The teeth are the worst part though and it is so upsetting to see him try to eat and go into histerics from the pain. They said he can onloy have tylenol and morin which help very little at this point. THey did assure us the mouth is the fastest healing part of the body and but that the teeth may have to be removed or will decay. we have to wait a week or so for teh swelling to come down for the dentist to asses it properly. It breaks my heart to know that his little mouth will never be the mouth we knew. The one he would have for 3 more years is gone really. If they pull them he probably wont get new ones for another 3 years, when he is about 6. That is very sad to me. i feel like I failed somehow as his mother. I have been so careful lately with watching his every step, with our issues with Liberti. We were both comeing out of the bathroom but he ran and I walked. Liberti witnessed the accident and in the begining was just like "eewww yucky". Once she relaized how serious it was and that we were heaind to the hospital she began crying alot. She was scared for him. She showed genuine hurt for her brother. We believe. Though it seems like a normal responce, for her it never is and it takes alot for her to show these emotions about the people she really doenst love or even care about. So we think Landon will be the first she does love and we are excied byt the bond that is possible one day in the distant future. Meanwhile can you all pray that Landon heals more quickly or is atleast out of pain as soon as possible. The tears are heartrenching and the sleepless nights, well are just that. I'll update soon. We cant get good pictures of it, and of course didnt take any when it happened. That would have been gross and far from our minds at that point. There was blood everywhere litterly coevering his little face and hands. But the ones we do have you can a see a little, though with the swelling it is ahrd to see the actualy teeth. Any dentist out there can give any advice we are willing to listen. We know they are baby teeth, tey should grow back however long it takes. Unfortunetly that thought isnt that comforting this week. I guess we do need to focus more on the good though. AHHH momma didnt say there would be days like this LOL


On a lighter note, before all this happened we went to the Christmas parade and Greg also came home! Landon has been a daddy's boy ever sence. He loved the parade of course too. Daddy wasnt home yet when we went to that but Ahma and Aunty Alli went with us. Liberti enjoyed herself too. I am including some pics of that and the kids dressing in our clothes the other day. Silly kids!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Nicole,
when seeing your post, i felt my heart is borken too. So so sad to see such condition. Do not blame yourself. You are a great mother. (Hug) We know that accident would be happened anytime and it's hard to prevent from.
I can't imagine how painful fang fang feels. It would be very very painful. Please give him a kiss and hug for me. I do pray for him to get recover from the pain. How's he now? Would he get his teeth back? or would he have new teeth when he grows up? I hope anything is all right and i hope Liberti would like fang fang more and doesn't hurt him anymore.
Great mother,Nicole, keep going.
I will be by your side,anytime:)

8:35 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

aw Nicole, don't blame yourself. Accidents happen and he will be just fine. Praying that he heals up quickly!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

you are always in our prayers. I hope Landon will feel a little better soon. Poor thing, please give him a big hug from us.

5:04 AM  
Blogger Shana said...

Hope you are feeling better Landon!

Love,
Haley (and Shana and Kevin)

9:33 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I was so sorry to hear about Landon's accident. Must have been tough for the little guy. You are not a bad mother, accidents happen. If it makes you feel better about his teeth, I fell on a table when I was like 2 or 3 and had to have the tooth pulled too and I turned out okay...(I think)

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home