Everyday Life With Landon

Sharing our journey of everyday life with our son, Landon, brought home from Taiwan in April 2006.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

First picture with Santa!!!






















Landon loves Christmas and everything it entails. He is starting to understnad the birth of Christ a bit this year more than last. He loves the gathering of family, the lights and decorations all around town, the idea of presents and so on and so forth. For the last few months he has consisitently yelled to me over every commercial, like every kid does, that he wants what is being advertised. He has no preference to boys or girls ads on the TV which is so funny since he is all boy. Well aside of anything to do with cooking or cooking utensiles that are usually loved by littel girls LOL. He could care less if it is pink or for girls, if it looks like it goes in a kitchen he LOVES it. This includes small and large appliances too! Especailly coffee makers. His daddy drinks coffe and when he is home it is ritual for Landon to act as if he is making himself coffee too. He of course gets milk and adds some strawberry to stir up and pretends it is OH SO HOT, faces and all. The weekend was filled with lots of fun including going to the park at teh lake for a bike ride, a picnic and the big playground, daddy being home, and mommy, Landon and Liberti went to the Christmas festival and enjoyed them selves. Landon was excited to see Santa this year and even sat on his lap! That is a huge change from last year. He was also excited to see the pony's and ride them until I actually went ot put him on and then he freaked out yeling NO and kicking. LOL he is pretty much a scardy cat about most things like that though. He is my think it all through, very nervous, let me see it work for a few weeks little boy while Liberti is my jumping in before she knows how it works, can it go higher or faster, yea yea yea little girl. Opposites that way for sure. So she rode of course and he watched but they both had fun.





Landons mouth and teeth are healing slowly but surely. He is able to eat now the last few days. He is back to sleeping through the night the last 3 days too and he isnt needing the motrin during the day at all now. He is still very cautious to not let the food hit his top lip or those teeth of course. He is using the sides to chew and not pulling anything with the fronts still. The teeth have strengthened up though. They are not loose the best I can tell. Still not letting me touch them so its difficult to tell fully but I am sure they are not stiff again. He is also still talking pretty funny and that he is keeping it really stiff and acting as if it doesnt work at all. im not sure why that is as the swelling is almost completly gone and the cut inside has also healed alot. Hopefully he hadnt done any kind of nerve damage or soemthing. That would be our luck. Needless to say he has been a walking accident on the verge of and/or falling, tripping, and so forth but I am happy to say that when he did fall the last time he PUT HIS HANDS DOWN! Praise God. Hopefully that continues.





A couple days ago while I was putting Landon to bed he said to me "thank you for taking me back to Taiwan mommy. I have a brother and sister there. And St lucy's is my family" Yes these were his EXACT WORDS. he is this amazing child that were are so proud to call our son. His understanding of his life, adoption and surroundings are so above average and though I am bias in every sence, everyone in contact with him including all the Dr's he has seen, also believe this. Greg and I think back to the Neurolgist telling us that we had a genius on our hands over a year ago and he still amazes us to this day. His English, vocabulary and pronunciation are so wonderful and impressive too. I asked him yesterday how he was feeling since Liberti came home and if he was doing alright and he answered "I am now." So I said is sissy nice to you? Wondering his thoughts of course from his point of view this past week after a good weekend and he answered "she is now. she is nicer now". Yes plain as day, with complete understanding. He got the windex out of my room where I was caught in the middle of doing our mirrors by the phone. (The kids have made some pretty nice faces on them with what I am assuming is ther spit fingers LOL that I have to laugh at now) andyhow after Greg came in and took it away and explained why he couldnt have it and why it was important for us not to leave it down and why if he does see it why he shouldnt touch it he says to our astonisment "thank you for explaing that to me dad" Yes. Really! Yes you could completely understand that is what he said. He speaks very clearly and better than most 5 year olds as far as speach. And those really are not the impressive conversatiEnjoy his first pictures with Santa!ons we have with Landon though those were just meaninful to us lately. We have to brag on the intelegence of our kids as they really are SUPER smart. We are sooo lucky and blessed. We love Landon and are so happy to be celebrating our second Christmas with him this year.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

I am amazed at the things he's saying. That's awesome. I can't wait until we meet one day!!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

i jsut got around reading your post. brought me to tears when i read about how he thanked you for taking him to Taiwan/SLC. i am glad to hear he feels better about Liberti, too.

have a very happy 2008!
Love,
Judy

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicole, I really enjoyed reading your blog. I'm glad Landon's teeth are getting better. I think what he said about St. Lucy's is amazing!

Been praying for you, Debbie
http://twointaiwan.blogspot.com/

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home