The start of Adoption #2 !!!
We have been talking for a few weeks now about when, if, how, and should we adopt. This morning Greg woke up and came to the kitchen and said "so I gues we need to get started on the adoption". I was almost in shock as I had been praying that it would just come to us and we would then figure out how to do it financially. He said"call about the refinancing of the house". So I began emailing our questions and making calls about the refi! We have yet to settle on gender, exact age, and which orphanage but we will more than likely stick with SLC in Taiwan. I have already spoke with our homestudy SW and she is ready ASAP to do the homestudy. She is so happy for us and ready to give that approval which is much easier than the feeling we had the first time. Some papers will have to be redone and some will not. I have emailed our agency to ask about fees for the coming year as cost increase so that we know exactly what we need to budget. I hope to get some fundrasing ideas underway also to help. Hopefully we will be able to get the refi done in Dec or Jan and get a good start on things. Landon contiues to tell us he wants a sister, a girl! SO, we will see. I know there will be those hills and "wonders" about what we are about to do yet again but I am so excited and I know that Landon will be a great brother once he learns to "share" mommy and daddy a little and that no matter what we still love him. He has been with us for almost 8 months now and what a joy he brings to our lives each day. I can only hope and pray that our next child will be such an addition!

1 Comments:
congratulations guys. It's so exciting and positive for us to see others starting their second adoption. It tells us we'll forget these "labor" pains when we finally have our child home. Landon looks great!!
Post a Comment
<< Home